Sunday, May 31, 2015

[Syndicates] Aligning with a 4th Syndicate

Update:
I finally have the Highest rank for the 4th Syndicate. Now I just need to get that Syandana.

Some of you guys and gals might already know that you can align yourself with half of the 6 syndicates available in the game. You can either go Perrin, Loka and Veil or Meridian, Suda and Hexis (I started with the first set and will eventually transition to the other set).

What I am slowly learning is that one can add another, either Meridian or Veil as a 4th syndicate. The catch is, I will have to stop earning affinity with Perrin and Loka and focus on Veil primarily.
Here’s the idea behind it.

The biggest concept is that earning rep with a syndicate, detracts from 2 other syndicates (opposed and enemy) at differing amounts, however, earning affinity for a syndicate as a secondary benefit (as an ally), doesn’t confer the same penalty to that syndicate’s opposed or enemy syndicates. Confusing? Let me illustrate.

Earning affinity for Perrin will also earn affinity with Loka (to a lesser degree since they are allied) and will decrease affinity with Hexis (opposed) and Meridian (enemy). However the affinity earned by Loka by the virtue of its being allied with Perrin doesn’t decrease affinity with its enemy and opposed syndicates (Suda and Meridian respectively).


So how will I use this?

Normally, earning affinity with Meridian will decrease affinity with Loka and Perrin, however, if I gain affinity with Meridian as a secondary effect of earning affinity with Veil, I can avoid the decrease in my standing with Loka and Perrin. This will allow me to be in good terms with 4 a 4th syndicate, Meridian, in addition to Loka, Perrin and Veil.


What’s the catch?

I already mentioned that I would have to stop earning affinity with both Perrin and Loka since this will decrease affinity with Meridian.
Another is that I cannot earn affinity with Meridian directly. This means never wearing a Meridian Sigil, doing Meridian quests or Meridian Medallions. This will make it painfully slow.


Why do it?

I have everything from the three syndicates I have allied with. Getting a 4th allows me to cover all augments from all the frames except for one, Limbo, which is not bad given lack of people trading augments for augments.

Another is that I also get the syandana that cannot be traded.
Future benefits would be having access to syndicate emotes that were mentioned in one of the previous dev streams.

If you try this, hope you enjoy.


Thanks for reading!

Latest Update:

Here's my current standing with the syndicates:


No comments:

Post a Comment