Sunday, September 27, 2015

[Companion] 8-Forma Huras - A Disappointment

I've been breeding Kubrow recently and happened to get my hands on an Omega Huras. Lucky, right? This was happening while I was collecting info from this thread.

According to a lot of people the AI is broken. Being a Carrier user myself, I didn't know what they were talking about. So I imagined glitches here and there but things like that are normal, right?

Now, today my Huras matured so I decided to make her useful! Meet Wanda.
She's a bear of a Huras
Here's what how she looks in missions.

Not bad, right?

That's exactly what I thought and Put 8 forma on her today. I basically wasted my whole day ranking her up 9 times. And after all the work, I really feel that it was a waste.

Here's Her Mod Set-up

I even maxed all the 10-rank mods for her...

Then to test her, I went on T2 Exterminate. I read from the thread above that a completely modded Kubrow can Kill a level 70 Heavy so I thought T2 Exterminate would not be a problem. I let her kill everything and just tried to evade the whole time except for some parts. I also removed her invisibility skill so she would just attack.

Here's what I found out... (please consider that these are T2 Exterminate enemies)

Can she kill grunts (normal non heavy units)? 
YES! Her normal attacks can deal with grunts with no problem... except when she misses... and she does this quite often.

Can she kill heavies? 
SOMETIMES... Normal attacks take about 30-50% of their HP. The dash attack kills them. Of course... she misses... often.

Were there any critical problems? 
YES! She often tries to kill the shield drone. She misses doing that 90% of the time and it's annoying! After She tried to kill the first one and missed 4/4 times, I decided to just shoot them down for her.

Did she get stuck?
YES! Under stairs, secret rooms, walls and even the rails and posts/columns. I was sad really. I just ran away to force her to spawn beside me and I lead her back to the enemies so she could kill them... eventually.

Was there anything good that happened?
Well,  she's very tough. This may be be a use I used a max armor Valkyr. I'll try it again and post a video if possible. I will probably use Limbo so all the enemies target her instead of me. I just wish that her toughness didn't depend on the frame using her. When I go on raids, I rarely have the chance to use a high armor/shield or health Warframe.

Yes I am very disappointed in the Kubrow. Not as disappointed, but the AI is still a problem. I feel like everything was wasted. I hope DE fixes the AI before introducing any more 4-legged companions.

I'll try to bring her to a raid and see what happens.

Wish me luck!

UPDATE:
Brought her to a Normal raid and she did great! She also kept me alive during NM raids. I Suggest to Give your Kubrow enough forma to survive, but not to kill. 8 is probably too much for a stealth dog. I also have an Omega Sahasa maybe I'll give it 8 forma too. I already have the mods anyway.

Take note though, that shade might do the job as well as the Kubrow. And that's the sad thing about it.

Carrier will still be my main Companion because of the convenience, but I'll bring Wanda along for Raids so she can earn her stabilizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment